The Ontario Ministry of Transportation (MTO) has retained AECOM Canada Ltd. (AECOM) to undertake a Class Environmental Assessment (EA) and Preliminary Design Study for the improvements to Hwy 403 from Grindstone Creek westerly to Old Guelph Road on Highway 403, and Highway 6 from Highway 403 to Bruce Trail.
Identify short-term and long-term improvements of Highway 403 and Highway 6 Interchange that will allow the next round of infrastructure rehabilitation / renewal to accommodate future traffic needs of Highway 403 within the study limits.
Project includes the following structures:
- 14 Bridges
- 3 Structural Culverts
- 15 Retaining Walls
Key Objectives of the Study
Key objectives of the study include:
- Identifying the rehabilitation needs of all structures within the study area.
- Developing a preferred staging and contract sequencing strategy for all structures.
- Exploring long-term improvements along the Highway 403 and Highway 6 corridors.
- Developing long-term improvements for Highway 403 and Highway 6 Interchange so that an ultimate interchange design can be established, and land protected.
- Identifying the widening and/or replacement needs of all structures within the study area.
- Identifying areas of future roadway widening to allow for increased capacity.