Summary of PIC#1
- The Ministry of Transportation held the first Online PIC on June 25, 2020 and received questions and comments via the study website.
- A total of 103 individuals visited the Study Website during the Virtual PIC and 71 individuals viewed the PIC #1 Presentation Video.
- Over the 45-day comment period, a total of 27 comments were received.
- Various alternatives were identified and presented at PIC #1.
Key Comments Received from PIC#1
- How the MTO Highway 5/Highway 6 Interchange Study relates to this study.
- Questions regarding noise and air quality impacts from the higher traffic volumes.
- Question regarding noise mitigation measures and impacts to the existing noise barriers.
- Concerns regarding the Highway 6/York Road interchange and existing sightline issues.
- Concerns regarding impacts to the natural environment and Royal Botanical Gardens.
- Support for elimination of the left-hand on-ramp to Highway 403 eastbound.
We’ve listened to the comments raised and are addressing these issues in the development of the Recommended Plan.
Purpose of Public Information Centre (PIC #2).
The purpose of this Public Information Centre (PIC) is to present and receive feedback on the following aspects of the project:
- The Evaluation of Alternatives
- Details of the Recommended Plan
- Mitigation and Environmental Protection Strategies
- Next steps & how to stay informed