This Study will follow the approved planning process for a Group ‘B’ project under the MTO Class Environmental Assessment for Provincial Transportation Facilities (2000).
Alternatives will be generated and evaluated based on technical and environmental factors and in consultation with Indigenous communities, public stakeholders, municipalities and government agencies.
Two Public Information Centres (PICs) will be held during this Study to provide interested parties with the opportunity to discuss the Study and provide input to the Project Team.
A Transportation Environmental Study Report (TESR) will be prepared and made available for a 30-day public and agency review period at the completion of the Study which will document:
- The transportation problems and opportunities,
- Existing environmental conditions;
- The generation, assessment and evaluation of alternatives;
- The preferred alternative(s) / recommended plan;
- A summary of potential environmental issues and mitigation measures; and,
- A summary of consultation undertaken throughout the Study.
Notifications advising of the time and location of the PICs and of the availability of the TESR for review will be published in local newspapers, mailed or e-mailed to those on the study mailing list, and information will be made available on the Study website.
To obtain additional information, provide comments, or to be added to the study mailing list, please contact the Project Team.